Thursday, November 12, 2020

November Week 2: I Like It! I Don't Like It!

Transition Song: Gobble, Gobble song by Nooshi


Vocabulary and Basic Concepts: I like it/don't like it, labeling food items, He/She, Who questions, What questions, Where questions, hot/cold, thumbs up/thumbs down.

This week we looked at a lot of pictures of different foods.  Hot food, cold foods, foods that were very familiar, and foods that might have not been seen before.


Everyone could comment "I like it" and give a thumbs up, or "I don't like it" and give a thumbs down. We asked our peers "Do you like (oranges, doughnuts, scrambled eggs)?  Miss Carrie likes tomatoes.  She doesn't like peanut butter or peas.  But, Miss Carrie keeps trying a tiny taste of peanut butter or peas to see if she changed her mind.  Miss Carrie might change her mind as she grows up.

DO THIS AT HOME:  Talk about the foods you like or don't like?  Practice taking a tiny taste of foods you don't like or foods you think you won't like to see if you changed your mind.  I like using tiny spoons for this ala My Munch Bug SLP Melanie Potock.
 Instead of convincing your child to taste (which can put too much pressure on them), model it yourself and take a tiny taste to see if you like a certain item.