Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Miss Carrie reads The Little Red Fort

 Hey, friends!  Did you look outside today?  It is snowing!  In fact, it snowed so much, that there is no school today.  Even the teachers are staying home.  

This is what it looks like at my house this morning.  What does it look like at your house?




But we can still have large group at home.

I'm going to read to you one of my favorite books.  It's called The Little Red Fort.



Wow, those children worked so hard to build a fort.  And it looked like so much fun!  Hmmmm, I wonder if we could build a fort.  Have you ever built a fort before?  Maybe we could make one inside today.  Tell everyone at your house that  you need to look around and find something to build a fort.  Maybe pillows?  Blankets?  Chairs?  What do you think you can build with.  I'm going to look around my house, too.


I decided to use pillows to build my fort.  And look!  I had snack time in my fort.  I ate fruit snacks and I drank water.

What did you use to make your fort?  Take a picture and send it to me.  Then we can look at the pictures when we go back to school.

Now, I'm going to go make some hot cocoa.  Without marshmallows.  Maybe some whip cream.  I'll see you at school next time!